Would you mind if your S/O went out to party without you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, but that's because I have gone to parties without him.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would be pissed! but we do everything together, all our friends are mutual friends, so if there was some reason I wasnt invited I would know something was up.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• A lot depends. If he went without me knowing, or against my wishes, it would bother me. If he was gonna do something there I didn't want him to do like drink or smoke weed or hit on girls it would bother me (thankfully, he doesn't do that, anyway!). If there was some reason I just couldn't go, then I'd be disappointed but hope he had a good time.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It would depend. Does he do it constantly? Do I have reason to not trust him? Is he partying places where he knows I wouldn't be happy he was there? Is he doing things he knows would be unacceptable to me in our relationship? If the answer to any of those is yes, then yes, I would mind very much, and I would tell him so. But, if he just wanted to go out every now and then with a friend, or if we were invited together somewhere and for some reason I couldn't go but he still wanted to, I would probably be fine with it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• We've both done it. No big deal.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• no. i've been to house parties w/o him, and he has been w/o me. we also go together
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 5:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• nope.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• um... no cuz someone has to stay home with our son...
    plus we dont party
    let alone get drunk or high
    thats pretty much bad parenting imo
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• There are some kinds of parties we have no interest in joining each other, that are also very innocent.

I'll go to baby showers without hubby, and he'll got to video game parties without me.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• We don't even have that issue. I'm sure if one of us wanted to go we would, but we like to be together and neither of us are big partiers anymore. Like in the beginning of the relationship, a girlfriend of mine had a birthday party, my hubby's (boyfriend at the time) ex was going to be there (long story) and so he didn't want to go. I wanted to so I did. I didn't get drunk and I was home at a reasonable hour. No big deal. But we like to be together, do things together, we genuinely like each other's company, so we don't do separate things. And I'm just thankful he is not one to go to bars or go partying or anything like that.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2010