contraction question

when having a contraction, how long does it stay? like 1 min or what? im curious i been having them and im trying to figure out if they are real or not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Contractions can last anywhere from about 30 seconds to a minute and a half. Typically I would say that early TRUE contractions last about 45 seconds. When counting the time between them, remember to start counting at the start of one and stop at the start of another. Dont count from the stop to the start. Personally, I didnt ever time my contractions, I knew when they hurt and I went in then
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If you are having them less than 5 minutes apart it would be a good idea to go to the hospital.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Braxton Hicks versus real contractions are difficult to tell apart. If they're getting stronger, don't go away when you change position (walk around if you've been sitting, lay down if you've been up and around), and getting closer together for more than 2 hours, then they are very likely real contractions and you need to call your doctor.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• how long does a contraction usually last?
    Anonymous