Do you have any expectations for your partner?

what are they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I expect that he won't cheat on me, won't lie to me or hide things from me, will work hard to do his part to support our family. I expect that he will put forth as much effort and commitment as I do to our relationship, I expect him to talk to me if we have a problem that needs to be resolved. I expect him to consult me and take my thoughts, feelings, and opinions into consideration when making life changing decisions or ones that affect both of us or our entire family. Those are all I can think of for now. Oh, I also expect him not to do illegal drugs, and to not drink too much, or to hit me or otherwise abuse me or my kids. That's all I got right now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes to stop spending all our extra money. And save it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Of course, who doesn't? I mean obviously, that he be faithful, take my feelings into consideration when making decisions, consult me before spending any larger amount of money. Smaller things, I expect him to do the dishes every other day, help with the house, take care of our daughter when I'm busy or ill... we're equal partners and I expect him to treat me accordingly.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I agree with tropicalmama, thanks for saying it all.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I expect certain things.. I don't usually get them though. That's part of the reason I know this relationship won't work long term. I communicate my expectations and he pays no attention to them.
    I expect him to help out with the things I cannot do or do not have the time to do (this includes remembering to take out the trash once a week and doing a load of dishes every once in a while when I've had a bad day). I expect him to give me the courtesy of talking to me about big purchases he plans to make ( like I have to do with him in order to keep him from bitching that I spend all my money on stupid things, but he doesn't do that for me) I expect him to not cheat on me or hide things from me (haven't caught him cheating but I have found things he's hidden from me that are a little too 'racy' for me to be comfortable with) and I expect that he is going to be honest with me as I have been with him from the start.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• That they help pick up after themselves so that it isnt like having another child around. I also expect honesty
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2010