Is it okay to give my baby a bath while she has diaper rash?

Should the water be a little on the cooler side?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes baths are good while they have diaper rash. Just make the water room temp and mix baking soda in until dissolved (this will help calm the rash (just let the water be on her bottom (it wont hurt her but just dont pour this water over her eyes-it would be a little to abrasive in eyes) but Dr.'s will recommend this if you want a second opinion. When my DD's had a rash I would put them in this bath right away, then after a rinse and pat dry (no scrubbing) put on a good diaper ointment (I liked A&D or Butt Paste, Desiten only worked so-so for me...)also letting them without a diaper (protect your floor LOL) helps wonders too!
    Good Luck!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 5:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I always give her longer baths when she does to let her soak and not be IN a diaper..
    Anonymous

• let it be a normal temp and add baking soda to the water. let her be in it as long as she wants.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• yep they're fine.. if the rash is bad, either just wash with water only or a very mild soap. After the bath pat her dry and let her run around naked for awhile. Even when my son doesn't have diaper rash we let him run around naked for a bit before getting him dressed. If he pees, we clean it up, no biggie
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2010