Frozen washcloth

My 11 week old daughter's ped suggested letting her chew on a cold washcloth to relieve the pain in her gums from teething. I've seen so many moms post that water is dangerous to newborns - the small amount used to freeze the cloth won't hurt her, will it?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 5:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no it wont, esprcially if your ped. recomended it. and if your doctor told u to do this, why didnt u ask him right then and there the same thing your asking here?
    Anonymous

• i stick a wash cloth in apple juice then freeze it!
    my seven month old loves this!!!
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• We did this with my kids. Works like a charm! There is not enoug water to cause frost bite. Don't soak the whole thing, just the middle. Then the outside is dry and they can hold it better. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 5:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Because, anon, I called her at home & there were children playing in the background & it was hard to hear her. Thank you for your response, though.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• thats what I did, but be careful its not too cold - you don't want to freeze the gums.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Also use Hyland's teething tabs

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• rkoloms - where can i find the teething tablets? also, do they dissolve very quickly? i'm nervous about Chloe choking - she hasn't fully mastered using her hand to put something in her mouth yet..just mommy & daddy's hands.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010