For those in the storm zone, have you been to the grocery store lately? How are they as far as stock?

I have read of stores being out of stock on food. How is it where you live?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• not here
    Anonymous

• We aren't in the DC storm zone. But we are in our 2nd winter storm in 3 days of about 9-12" from each storm. Been to the grocery store 3 times in 5 days... Sotres are sticked fine here...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• The moment people hear a snow storm is coming, they run to the grocery store to stock up. How ridiculous!
    People cause the unnecessary shortage of goods!
    Anonymous

• stores are stocked fine.**

.. lol.. That's what I get for talking on the phone and typing at the same time.. ;oP

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I live in the northeast where some people are sensible. No shortage! If we don't get to the store today, we can wait a few days. We won't starve!
    Anonymous

• I have been to the store once since all this started on Fri. I went to get some chicken noodle soup for my sick child. The store I went to seemed to be stocked up, plenty of bread and milk. I learned as a teen to prepare for winters like this, and always have. I just didn't plan on my kid getting sick. If we lived in the country, she would have been out of luck, but we do live 2 blocks from a grocery, so she got her soup!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 6:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My mom lives near DC and she said that the store was pretty stocked. She said she had planned for this when they started telling them a big storm was coming so she got alot before hand, but did go out day before yesterday and was able to get what she needed and even her perscriptions filled. She said the biggest problem is these people on the news who went unprepared. One lady was complaining she had to walk 6 miles to get a sandwich and another guy walking around looking for a cup of coffee. My mom said you know making a sandwich and a pot of coffee at home probably would have been easier.

Answer by gemgem at 6:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm in the midwest, where it's not news if it snows. Stores are fine, people are rational.
    Anonymous

• I am in PA. We are snowed in. Last I was at the store the shelves were fine...BIG CROWDS...I gotta know..how much MILK and EGGS does one family need?? Seems every storm there is a mad dash for them

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I stock up for amonth so no need to go. I have been snowed in for 2 days should be able to get out tomorrow though.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2010