C-setion

I had a c-section the 20th of January and i was wondering if its ok for me to go tanning in a tanning bed yet, i have senior pics and i really dont want to be white white in them. Please nothin rude just want to no if anyone nos. Thanks

Mallorysmom903

Asked by Mallorysmom903 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• im not sure about that, why don't you do the tanning booths that use sprays......?
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• just call your OB's office up and ask, they should know, or they can quickly ask the doc between patients!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 6:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I don't think you should if they use sprays. Ask your doctor-that is what they are there for!
    ProudMom093083

Answer by ProudMom093083 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I dont believe that would be wise but call your dr to be 100% sure.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Tanning beds casue skin cancer.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 6:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Since you still have pregnancy hormones in your body, you are risking chloasma -- skin discoloring due to pregnancy hormones. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it can cause your face to look like you have put on the way wrong color foundation in a very uneven pattern. Real sun and sun lamps can cause it.

If you are breast feeding, don't put spray tan OR tanning lotion on your nipples. Your nipples can burn easily right now. If you are going to tan, get the winkies tape on eye patches and put them over your nipples.

Ask your mom, sisters, cousins who have had kids if they got spotty skin during pregnancy from the sun. It tends to run in families.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I think it's okay. I really like the last answer about the chloasma though....good call on that one. LMAO, we didn't "go tanning" before our senior pictures. That's cracking me up. But I want you to look beautiful....good luck!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2010