I applied for financial aid..

to take online college courses and got approved for a Pell Grant. What do I do now? Wait for the college to contact me? Or do I contact them?

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 6:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Youll get a welcome packet from the college (or atleast you should) with the next steps!! It should have an award letter in it...you could call their office to find out if there are any scholarships you could apply for on top of the pell grant! but it will all come into place..you have quite awhile before school starts! Congrats!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• the college/ fed govt (I forgot which one) will contact you and let you know how much aid you have avialable. I'm assuming this is for the fall 10 to spring 11 right? after that you can sign up for classes when the schedule and registration become available to you! good luck! xoxoxo
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 6:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Contact them to find out what to do. When in doubt always contact them. I hope you are going to a state college and not a for profit university. For profit universities are over priced and the degree you get may be worthless.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It is for fall 2010, and it's for a local community college :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 6:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Contact the college. They will most likely need extra information to get you the money. Get all your ducks in a row as soon as you can so you're not scrambling right before. They'll be able to tell you everything else you need to do, and when you can expect payment.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 6:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2010