How much housework do you do a day?

I have a 2 bedroom apartment and I usually start my housework in the back and work my way to the front. By the time a do the bathroom the two bedrooms and the living room I am to tired to do the kitchen. Its always a mess. Its SUPPOSED to be my husbands job to do the kitchen. How do you ladies handle getting all the work done? I shouldn't be tired after an hours work but I do chase around a toddler all day while I'm doing it. I try to clean every day so the mess doesn't build up to bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Rotate the rooms or chores you clean. Pick up all clutter everyday, but you don't have to actually vaccuum and dust and all that everyday.
    Anonymous

• I do some things daily, and then other things weekly.

I have an assigned day for each room/job. today is Wednesday - bathroom scrubbing day (yay...)

I do it all first thing in the morning and work with a set routine.

check sidetrackedhomeexecutives, or flylady.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I have a three bdr two bath house and it only takes about an hour to do all the floors in the house. Another 20 minutes for table tops. My house stays pretty clean. The kitchen takes about 20-30 minutes after a meal for 5 and i dont use the dishwasher. Working straight daily chores take about 1.5 hrs for me, but I do the floors everyday because I have dogs and children that eat off the floor.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I usually sweep the kichen corners towards the middle after I wipe the counters and put away the dishes while the baby eats breakfast, start the dishwashers and vacuum the livingroom and then take the vac into the kitchen, bring upstairs for a dpr change and grab a basket of our laundry (there's 5 of us, soon to be 6) and bring down, and let my daughter crawl around while I start the washer. Get my baby settled in her excersaucer and get myself something like a yogurt or cereal for breakfast (even though it's 11 by that time, and just hang out and play with her the rest of the day and switch the laundry every 45 minutes. If something else needs to be done, like beds made, change sheets, dusting, mopping, I pick a day when hubby's home so he can watch the kids while I do some deeper cleaning, or I wait until my youngest takes her nap. Great excersize
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 6:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• the few main things that always need to get done in the house is dishes, diapers, and laundry, so I focus my whole day around those things and work doing any other random chore that needs done. 4 bedrooms, 2 bath, livingroom, lg kitchen/dining area.
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 6:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I do a half hour to an hour a day (but that doesn't include laundry time). I make a weekly calendar of what gets done on what day. I work full-time, so after baby is in bed at 8, I do a little bit of housework everyday, then laundry on the weekends.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2010