Can I work during my pregnancy even if I'm on my feet all day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• thats something to talk to your doc about. if you dont get a chance to prop your feet up every so often later in your pregnancy, your feet could start swelling. if you are comfortable working then go for it as long as you dont have ne health concerns with your pregnancy, but always ask ur doc about stuff like that
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Absolutely! You "can", but it's not ALWAYS possible, depending on the type of pregnancy. If you are relatively healthy with a healthy pregnancy, you should be fine! Good luck!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• You shouldn't have any problems. I worked in the deli and as a cashier for my whole first pregnancy and I worked all the way up to 5 days before I went into labor and yes, I was on my feet all day. As long as you're having a healthy pregnancy, as PP said, you should be fine.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 6:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• aboslutely, though it may be uncomfortable, your feet aren't pregnant!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I did, up until 4 days before she was born.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My sister is a nurse midwife; she did a delivery the morning she went into labor

Answer by rkoloms at 6:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• You can, but may not be so comfortable. My sil, a nurse in Ca., says if you do spend alot of time on your feet invest in compression stockings. It will help your circulation and reduce swelling.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2010