If you have or have had the Mirena IUD, what was your experience?

Was your experience with the Mirena IUD good or bad and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Health

• I just had a similar question about this. I will have to keep watching for the answers you get too. I am very curious. I have the depo right now and want to switch to IUD
    Bayareamommy510

Answer by Bayareamommy510 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• my cousin's gf had it put in, and i asked her about it, cause i was looking into different bc options. she said when they did put it in, it hurt for about an hour, like really sharp lower stomach pains. but after that hour she never had a problem with it again
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I had one put in on Dec 21. The insertion was no biggie. They prepped me saying it was going to be really crampy and hurt for a while, etc. It just felt a little rougher than a pap smear. It hasn't bugged me since and my husband can't feel the strings or anything. i highly recommend it. I love not worrying about a pill everynight.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 7:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2010