What do you think about the family I grew up in? Answer, good chance to judge people, you guys seem to love that LOL.

OK, mom and dad married when she was 16 and he was 25. Mom had my older siblings at 18, 19, and 20. Me at 25, my younger sib at 31, and youngest sib at 36. We were raised on welfare. Our parents had cigarette addictions and dad had alcohol addictions. We were poor. Our mom didn't believe in birth control. Her and my dad fought 24/7 and my mom would make us get up at 3am to clean the house because she has OCD but won't admit to it. 4 out of us 4 older kids had children in our teens or gf who had kids in their teens. 5 out of us 6 quit school at the encouragement of our mom (3 of us were 15) (though 3 of us have GED and 1 is in college, yay!). 4 of 5 older children have attempted to kill ourselves as minors. 3 of us have no relationship with God because our mom pushed religion on us and actually made us back away from it (God TALKS to her)...Continued...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've heard of worse... everyone has a story, but I'm sure there were SOME highlights in your life, even if it was a small thing like playing with your brother or sister while you waited for the bus in the morning. I know I appreciated that, so even though it sounds like your life has sucked, I've def heard of worse and much more disgusting things
    Anonymous

• Seriously messed up, but I'm sure you know that.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• hugsI think there are many families out there like your's. I'm sorry if the family environment scarred you but you sound strong enough to get past it and give your child a better a life by breaking the cycle.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• and tells her things like the winning lotto numbers and to throw away our scary movies because it brings in demons. She doesn't want any of her kids to get off welfare and go to college, the one who goes she's okay with it because she has a man to protect her. That's another thing, her daughters couldn't go on school trips because we'd get hurt or kidnapped, but her sons "know how to protect themselves" so they could. Her daughters are scared to drive because it's been put in our heads since we were very young kids that women drivers are likely to wreck and kill themselves or their kids. We were not allowed to have friends stay over or go to friends houses because "our mom couldn't watch us". My sisters were made to use sippy cups until they were 8 or 9. We never had money for food, new clothes or outings but our parents had money for weed, beer, and cigarettes.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the comments so far. I know people have it worse and that must suck. But I'm trying to btter myself for my kids and so is my sister. There's one minor still left in the family. We think she can be saved since the rest of us are older now and can show her what NOT to do.
    Anonymous

• Sounds alot like how I grew up,but add a child molester/rapist step father into the mix.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• oh my im sorry your growing up was so difficult, I hope that you have made that your strength and have made your life yours so it is amazing, wonderful and full of love.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Forgot about the part where we were brought before them while they were arguing (which they did often, mostly when we were SUPPOSED to be doing something fun as a family) and they demanded to know who the better parent was. Or about the time he literally smacked my head around so much he knocked out a tooth or when he kicked me with steel toe boots. Or the time when I had to pull him away before he hit my son or when he almost hurt yours... There was physical abuse involved. It was a mixture of emotional abuse and physical abuse. When I tried to get help from a therapist, my mom turned on me. She made me feel guilty, saying I was going to get her kids taken away. All I had done was talk to a therapist AFTER I had a breakdown at the age of 16. I still cry when I think about some of the shit that we've gone through...and these are just MY experiences, not my sisters' or my brothers.
    Anonymous

• Our dad was so addicted to alcohol that when my brother confronted him, asking him if he'd rather he (my brother) died or my dad quit drinking, he said he'd rather my brother be dead. He broke my brother's heart that day.
    Anonymous

• I'm very sorry you (and your siblings) had to go through that growing up... No kid deserves to be treated that way. But I'm glad you sound like you came out of it knowing YOU want better for your kids. That's the first step to breaking the cycle! Good luck :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2010