My 6 month old is regressing when it comes to eating food?

My 6 month old has been eating via spoon for about 2 weeks now and was LOVING it... she would fuss if you didn't feed her fast enough, but now she has absolutely NO interest in it?? Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That happened to me as well. My daughter would only eat her cereal mixed with breastmilk, but would not eat her veggies. She is 8 months old now and eating wonderfully...honestly JUST KEEP TRYING...soon enough he will start liking again. I would try everyday to feed her even if she didnt want it. KEEP ON IT!! eventually he will start liking again!!
    mommy2sophie

Answer by mommy2sophie at 7:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Honestly? I'd just follow her cues at this age. Breast milk or formula is her main source of nutrition. The solids are just for "fun" at this point.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would just lay off of it for a while. It really isn't neccessary right now. I would only keep on trying with something the baby really needed!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 8:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• if she doesnt want it dont do it...
    a child has no benifit from eating solids before 9 months... and at 9 months the only benifit it gains is practice!!!!! 12 month plus is the only time they child gains any nutrients etc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2010