How long until I will feel the baby move? I am almost 5 and a half months now.

Katina23

Asked by Katina23 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• usually with your first its between 16-20 weeks I believe... If it is your first, you probably won't realize its movement right away.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It really depends, it's different for everyone. I'm quite heavy but I felt him at about 3 months, which I thought was very unusual (but I was an L/D nurse and know what I'm looking for). I would describe it as a butterfly wings moving....very subtle at first. I don't think it's at all unusual that you haven't felt the baby yet. Believe me, you will.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• 22 weeks usually
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Your placenta placement, your baby's active time of day, your weight, your diet... so many things can be a factor. Your baby could be up all night dancing the cha-cha and you are sleeping through it.

If you are worried about your baby, buy a fetascope. You can hear the heart beat whenever you want.

Have you tried lying down very still and pressing on your belly? Many babies will kick back.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby and with my first two I felt movement as early as 12 weeks. I'm 13 weeks with this one but I haven't really felt anything because my placenta is acting as a cushion so i won't be able to feel the baby move till I'm farther along
    Havahsmommy

Answer by Havahsmommy at 9:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm 17 weeks and I have felt the baby since I was 14 weeks. I can actually feel its head right now pushed up against my stomach. I had an ultrasound to confirm that it was a head that I was feeling. The baby stays pushed up against my tummy. With my first pregnancy it was around 20 weeks so I would say any day now. Good luck!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm 13 weeks with my second baby and I've already felt movement.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'd say any time now. Not to be rude, but, are you overweight? If you are, it can take longer to feel movement.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2010