How long until I will feel the baby move? I am almost 5 and a half months now.

Asked by Katina23 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• usually with your first its between 16-20 weeks I believe... If it is your first, you probably won't realize its movement right away.

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It really depends, it's different for everyone. I'm quite heavy but I felt him at about 3 months, which I thought was very unusual (but I was an L/D nurse and know what I'm looking for). I would describe it as a butterfly wings moving....very subtle at first. I don't think it's at all unusual that you haven't felt the baby yet. Believe me, you will.

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• 22 weeks usually

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Your placenta placement, your baby's active time of day, your weight, your diet... so many things can be a factor. Your baby could be up all night dancing the cha-cha and you are sleeping through it.

If you are worried about your baby, buy a fetascope. You can hear the heart beat whenever you want.

Have you tried lying down very still and pressing on your belly? Many babies will kick back.

Answer by ecodani at 7:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby and with my first two I felt movement as early as 12 weeks. I'm 13 weeks with this one but I haven't really felt anything because my placenta is acting as a cushion so i won't be able to feel the baby move till I'm farther along

Answer by Havahsmommy at 9:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm 17 weeks and I have felt the baby since I was 14 weeks. I can actually feel its head right now pushed up against my stomach. I had an ultrasound to confirm that it was a head that I was feeling. The baby stays pushed up against my tummy. With my first pregnancy it was around 20 weeks so I would say any day now. Good luck!

Answer by nakoal87 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm 13 weeks with my second baby and I've already felt movement.

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'd say any time now. Not to be rude, but, are you overweight? If you are, it can take longer to feel movement.

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2010