christians....

if you believe that the dead sleep until judgement day then why do christians say that when a person dies that they have gone to heaven?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Who cares? What are you trying to stir up tonight?
    Anonymous

• Well... I don't believe that so...that would make it permissable to say that someone has gone to their eternal resting place whether I happen to think that it's above or below.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• The concept that the dead just sleep isn't shared by all Christian denominations.

It was my understanding that most Christians believe that the body sleeps while the spirit goes to a spiritual destination such as heaven.
    Anonymous

• I dont believe that we are all going to heaven, only a certain amount will go. The rest of us sleep until judgement day and then afterwards we begin our new life of rebuilding the earth.
    Anonymous

• I am not religious but I've seen too many things for me to believe that every spirit goes to heaven or even every "good" person's spirit goes to heaven. If that is true, why are there so many still roaming the earth?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• m2knl, thats your opinion. ive sat here and listen to you go on and on and i never once said anything bad against you or how i believe that you have false teachings, at one point i actually defended you and reported some inappropriate posts against you. you should post things that arent true.
    Anonymous

• hey m2KnL~Why is it that you continually post crap about OTHERS beliefs instead of stating your OWN beliefs? Whats up with that?! Why do you have to tear others down, or attempt to tear others down so much? Are you that insecure in your own beliefs?!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• M2k, just a quick question, what do you mean by "have eternal life with Jesus now"
    Anonymous

• aaaah, ok M2k, i thought you meant like right now, that's after death, thanks.
    Anonymous

• God's time is not ours.... He is outside of time. Our spirits go straight to Heaven but our bodies still go into the ground. We are alive in Christ.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2010