My cats are really driving me NUTS!!! Please help

I have 2 cats, a girl named Tucker who's almost 5 and a boy named Tommy who is almost 3. Before we got Tommy, we had fostered 2 kittens and Tucker got along with them great, so when we decided to get Tommy, we thought it would be great for her since she really loved having friends...well we were WRONG! She hated him!! And almost 3 years later, they STILL don't get along, and it's driving me nuts! They're always fighting and it's Tucker that starts it...Tommy can go walking down the hall and she attacks him really bad and I have to break them up. They're even starting to break things-that's how violent it is. Does anyone know what I can do to get them to stop?? We've tried giving them each their own "love time", and we tried doing a joint "love time" and they are still jealous of eachother. We give them space and all but they just won't get along. Please help!!!

jazi1105

Asked by jazi1105 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pets

• If they're not meowing/hissing/growling during these episodes,they are not really fighting,just rough play.My kitten and older boy Weasley do this every night.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Tucker yowls at him....Tommy just yelps in pain....he is declawed(looong story short-he had to have it done because he couldn't retract them and ended up ripping one of his claws out and almost hemmoraged to death) and she isnt...he tries to be peaceful, but she really doesn't like him.
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Maybe you should try a comfort zone plug in with feliway. I don't know if it will help with this situation, but it might be worth a try. It puts out happy kitty pheromones and works well with behavioral issues.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I know this may sound crazy, but I say get a 3rd cat! My girl cat originally didn't like my hubby's boy cat when they got together...she could barely stand him for years. Then we adopted a stray (more like he adopted us, lol) and he seemed to bring them closer together! Sorry I don't have better advice...some cats just don't get along and some aren't as social as others. Try squirting them with water gun or making a loud noise every time they start to fight to break it up before it gets to violent and maybe train them over time to stop. Good luck!
    RosemarySage

Answer by RosemarySage at 8:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I have 4 cats and my one cat screams even if I touch her lol shes just a crabby cat that wants to be left alone, Some cats just dont like to bothered and sometimes they try to act superior to the other cats, I had a Siamese who was always mean to all other cats but she was best friends with our German Shepard! If you want them to get away from each other just spray them with a water bottle, thats what we do lol... good luck
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 5:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2010