Why do you love to cook?

So, I LOOOVE to cook. I'm not a crazy good chef or anything. I just enjoy cooking good family friends dinners and desserts. I love that feeling of creating something that everyone enjoys and hearing the compliments from others. It is also relaxing to me.

For those who love to cook, WHY do you love to cook?

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 8:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love to cook because it makes me happy to recreate meals that the guys (im the only girl...with the exception of our dog..lol) will love. I have 2 boys and dh so they're always happy when they get a home cooked meal. I like to eat good food, and all in all its much cheaper cooking at home than going out to eat....I love home cooked meals and I'm happy I can make them taste and look great!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It provides an outlet for me, it is like therapy, it gets my creative juices flowing, and love is my main ingredient.

Answer by older at 8:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It's relaxing. I also really like good food. I won't eat crap. It also snagged my DH.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Because it's the only way to get exactly what I want, lol! And it's a lot healthier than convenience crap, it's easier to watch what's going in (salt, sugar, etc).
    Anonymous

• For me it is stress relief, a creative outlet, an expression of love It's just in me to cook, partly due to upbringing through influence and necessity, partly my own personal preference.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I just love food.

lol

(but yeah, i'm also a chef)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I hate, loathe and despise cooking

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2010