Is there any daycare assistance for full time students you can apply for?

I'm going to school in the fall and I was wondering if there's any state aid I can apply for that'll help with paying for daycare.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i don't know how it works in your state, but in california, if you're receiving public assistance, they have a program called GAIN (Greater Avenues for INdependence) which pays for child care, sometimes gas, and even your books. they also help you find a job, etc.
    Anonymous

• Here in Montana we have a thing called Best Beginnings (aka Child Care Partnership). I was able to finish up high school and start my first year of college with their help. If you are on PA, ask them. They should know =)
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 8:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• here in CT there is Care 4 Kids.. you should check out your state's social services website to find out.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Your school's financial aid counselor would be a good place to ask; have you done your FASFA yet?
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 8:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If you quelify for EOPS you can also apply for what's called CARE. Not sure what the requiremnts are though.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• You can apply for daycare vouchers at DSS. And also,talk to your financial aid advisor at school because they have vouchers for daycare that you can apply for.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm in Wyoming and I work at the community college. Go to your financial aid department because there are programs. Every school is different, but they all have programs. We have one through our Transitional Services Department that helps pay for daycare, transportation costs, books, supplies, and tuition. They WANT you to come to their school and they will do whatever they can to make that happen for you. You just have to ask. Good luck!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2010