Iran is blocking the internet from it's people....only moderated email getting through...

Any thoughts on that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Lots of places do that. Are you shocked?
    Anonymous

• I am not shocked...just concerned. It is the eve of the anniversary of the revolution in Iran. I think somehting big is about to happen.
    Anonymous

• The nutcase leader stated that something was going to happen that will make us all take notice
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• They are blocking only GMail--the Google e-mail.So far.
    Anonymous

• Isn't this the SOP of a dictator? I'm not at all surprised. They haven't allowed any media people in the country since the revolt after the election in the summer. I'm surprised that he is just now getting to the internet.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• In an effort to disrupt communications and head off huge opposition demonstrations planned for Thursday, the Iranian authorities on Wednesday drastically slowed Internet service in Iran and shut down text messaging services, and an official said that Gmail, the Google e-mail service, would be blocked.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/11/world/middleeast/11tehran.html

Anonymous

• Is this the thing they were going to do that would "shock" the western world on Feb. 11? If so, I must say I am confused. How does this shock us? It just didn't carry the KO that Im-a-dinner-jacket hopped it would. (I can't spell his name so I just did it phonetically!)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I think this might be in preparation for the 'big thing'.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2010