Did you have to wear uniforms in school?

I only wore a uniform in NJROTC. We were made fun of regularly by the "cool kids". Whatever. They were the ones crying when we went on black hawk helicopters and aircraft carriers, heh.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Every day from 1st grade until I graduated high school. I went to Catholic school...plaid skirts/jumpers, white blouses, knee socks...the whole shebang.
    It never bothered me. I never had to worry about what I was wearing to school when I woke up.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• No we didnt and im very thankful for it, but in my last year of high school we were aloud to wear a stitch of red or blue because of gang affiliation, I once got in trouble for wearing a salmon colored shirt that said roxy on it lol I thought that was ridiculous
    !
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 8:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I wore one. But I went to a private Christian school.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• No but it would have been good---then there would be no competition to wear the most expensive and classiest clothes. Ugh. I went to a school with mostly wealthy families - girls who wore cashmere sweaters,etc. and I came from a not so wealthy (Make that almost poor) home and wore Orlon sweaters. LOL. We couldn't afford much. So, a uniform would have solved that problem.
    In the 1950's there weren't any gangs or gang colors,thank goodness. That must be really hard to deal with.
    Anonymous

• I did. am originally from Panama, so all the school there have to wear school uniforms from kindergarden white blouse, blue skirt, blue or black socks and black shoes if you had $ to afford shoes otehrwise any kind of type shoes. i sually wore sandals.
    but then when i move here to usa i didnt have to anymore in high school unti l move to louisiana i had to wear uniforms again which i didnt like it too much i was enjoying wearing wherever on the last school lol
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Private Catholic school plaid skirt etc. Now the torch has been passed and my children are in the dreaded plaid lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes and my girls wear school uniform too.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My children, husband, and I have never attended schools that required uniforms.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I wish. It would have been easier to get dressed in the mornings. Well, we did have our marching band uniforms, but uh, those were only for performances, thankfully.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2010