Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any way to get a misdemeanor or felony off your record?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • I dont know but hey what did you do LOL?

    Answer by hotrodmomma at 9:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

  • in most states if you have only ever recieved ONE and its been years and you have been good, you can petition the courts or the governor . the courts would expunge, you can request the governer to completely remove it period.


    Answer by sati769leigh at 9:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

  • its EXPENSIVE to go to court FYI, it starts at 1000 here

    Answer by sati769leigh at 9:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

  • Yeah, you could get it expunged. There are places that help you go about getting it expunged.

    Answer by nikkiJ86 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

  • SOME felonies can be expunged....not all. You need a lawyer to help you with the process or you could really screw it up and get it thrown out.
    I think misdemeanors get taken off your record after a period of time....perhaps different time periods for different types.

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

  • SOME. Misdemeanors I'm not sure about, but the felony depends. At sentencing you would be told if it were a 301, I think is what they call it. That means it is the first and only time you have ever been in trouble. When your sentencing is all done then you can petition the court to expunge it from your record. If it was determined at sentencing that the case did not meet the 301 guidelines, then it is on your record forever. Yep, things you do in your past will come back and bite you in the ass in your future.

    Answer by TarLion at 12:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.