Do you think it has potential?

So SO and myself have been great, nothing really to argue over lately. Well a few new girls started working with him recently. Unfortunately one of them got into a bad accident. He was the only one that showed he cared, he called to make sure she made it to the hospital atleast (she broke both legs and has to have a brace on her back for awhile). He has such a big heart, but he asked me today if it would be ok for him to go by the hospital ( i apreciate him asking). Thats not my problem, my concern is that this girl JUST left her husband before she started working with him, so shes in a vulnerable spot, and if my SO keeps showing her attention even if its just friendly becuase of the situation, do you think shes gonna catch feelings?! What would you do? I kinda want to talk to him about it tonight just to give him a heads up as to what he could be walking into...but i dont want to argue over it!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I know what your talking about, I think that it's very nice and respectful of your husband to go and visit, since He works with her. By the way your husband has no part of her and her ex husbands marriage by any means, so I think you should talk to your husband about your feelings. And tell him you would feel a lot more comfortable if you were to go with him. That way you and your husband can show affection to her as a couple, and not one as a individual. But being a man, men think different then Us women. If I was you I would tell him that you would like to go as well because you feel so horrible that she went threw that and would like to pick her up some flowers, or maybe a sympathy card signed, from you and your husbands name. So that it dosn't conflict your marriage. I agree with you, that if He was to go since she just got out of a divorce it very well could lead some feelings on her part. And your husband may not know.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• honestly, i think its nice that your not jealous or anything - but i would find it a little wierd that my husband was calling and asking to see a girl. especially one who just left her husband. maybe you should be wondering alittle about your husband...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Maybe...the girl isnt from the area, so she has no one to visit her in the hospital...that being the case..i didnt think it was a huge deal...if he was asking to go to her house wed have an issue lol!
    Anonymous

• My dh runs a business so he gets calls all hours (the business runs 24/7). If anyone gets hurt he always calls and if they go to the hospital he will go and visit them to make sure all is well - even if they are just there for an hour, he's there. I know he is their boss so it makes it appropriate. If it's a coworker, I think a call would be sufficient.  Another idea would be that you go with him so that she knows he's taken and not available!

TowmaGirl

Answer by TowmaGirl at 9:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Go with him. Then she'll have support and see that he is not in need of any companions and his interest is merely friendly and concerned. Bring her flowers or a plant and YOU carry them in and give them to her. Be gracious. She'll get it.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Go with him is a good idea. But if you're not terribly worried, I'd gently bring it up to your dh and explain that his kindness could be misinterpreted and to keep the visit short and then leave it at that.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I forgot to add something on My last answer, I wouldn't tell him that you aren't comfortable, because He will most likely think that you don't trust him, just tell him that you want to go with him then after wards get a bite to eat before heading home. Your treat. That might be a good suggestion. It wouldn't cause any argument's and plus you and your husband can do it together. Why should it just be him? He's a married man visiting a divorce women who could use affection more then anything! Just because your husband works with her, doesn't mean you can't go, since you and your husband are yolked together after all. Hehe Good luck I hope it works out for the two of you.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I completely agree with the previous poster. Nice answer!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2010