does anyone else's child have molescum?(little bumps on skin)

the doctor said it will eventually go away but it seems like it keeps spreading.. some go away and others appear.. i'm not overly worried because i had a small case when i was younger, but her father is overreacting a bit i think.. if you're familiar with this, any advice or your experience with it would be helpful.

Asked by rahrahsmama at 9:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Kids' Health

• ok thanks for your answers ladies.

Answer by rahrahsmama at 12:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Please google it. You do need to remove them or they spread. If they are removed correctly, they heal quicker & do not scar. I know this. Both my girls had it. There's not one spot where they were removed that left a scar of any kind.

• My son had them on his face when he was a newborn. We used Baby Phisoderm and NEVER broke them open, it will cause scars.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I was covered in them when i was younger, they put tape on each little freakin bump! So i wouldnt touch them and make them spread, but you know the tape made me do just that!!! my son breaks out every now and then, it isnt any thing comes and goes...not too much you can do about it though!

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My older boy had it a few years ago. The dr told me it was no big deal, and just to leave it alone and not break them open, that that would cause them to spread. It did seem to spread and get more noticeable for a while, but then eventually they did go away. Hasn't come back since. He did have one bump that swelled up rather large and then burst, but I just cleaned it up, put some neosporin and a bandaid on it, and it healed up just fine. Tell her father that it is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2010