stripping membranes

no bashing please i know the effects just wondering if anyone has stripped their membranes themself at home rather than your doctor? what was the outcome?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That would be difficult, but possible, maybe.
    I have never heard of anyone even attempting.
    (The risk for accidental AROM is scary!!!)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• that would be incredibly foolish and dangerous to do yourself. Leave it to your dr to assume that risk.
    Anonymous

• I personally have not but I do know some people who have. One women accidently broke her own water and ended up with a c-section because she did not contract or dilate after 48 hours.

Honestly stripping membrains, even when doctor, is often not very sucessful so I would try other things at home such as:

Scalini's Egg Plant Parmesean-Guranteed to work...the recipe is on thier website!!
    Sex
    Evening Prime Rose Oil-Used to ripen the cervix...2 capsules on the cervix every 6-12 hours

Squatting
    Walking
    Raspberry leaf tea- tones the uterus
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2010