regressing on potty training after a year? help!

I have twins who turned 3 on the 12th. my daughter has been successfully potty trained since march of 2009. her twin brother has not. i have been working with him on it and we are getting closer he is just resistant and i don't want to push him and scare him. My daughter started havig a lot of accidents and i asked her why and she said because her brother does it. i dont know what to do! has anyone ever dealth with this before?

lovinMYtwins07

Asked by lovinMYtwins07 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We've had a few regressions with our daughter who was seriously a potty pro, but twice had a spell of having all kinds of accidents. I couldn't trace it to anything directly (no new experiences, etc.) and all I can tell you is that if you don't make a big deal of the accidents (but don't tell her, "It's okay" either -- just tell her calmly she needs to use the potty instead), and don't every resort to putting her back in a diaper or pull-up -- then she should get back on track. I think one of our daughter's regressions was only a couple of days, but the other was nearly a week where we had to take her to the potty -- she wouldn't ever say she needed to go. I think we offered a small reward for a whole day with no accidents (it felt ridiculous after something like 4 MONTHS with no accidents!) but I'm not even sure if that had anything to do with it fixing itself. She just started telling us again one day.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:54 AM on Feb. 12, 2010