Should my husband get another part time job as a bouncer at a bar? REALLY NEED INPUT FROM CHRISTIANS!

He is working full time at home depot right now not making a whole lot... we have PA and such... but a man offered him a job at the bar he owns as a bouncer working 10pm-2am and he could make at least $100 per night extra... so like at least $500 per week/$2000 per month in addition to his current pay at home depot.

He would basically look at IDs and stuff, and if there is any commotion basically kick people out. Do you think that would be seen as bad to God... as far as the "bar scene"? Or do you think it would be Ok since it isn't like he is really encouraging drunkenness (not like he's a bar tender haha) or anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Bouncer = bar cop. God likes police officers...but it's a dangerous business.

My brother worked as a bouncer for a while. Not his favorite job.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• He'd just be enforcing the rules. I see no problem with that. BTW, bartenders don't encourage drunkedness. They can go to jail if they overserve.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i dont see anything wrong with it. He's not doing anything illegal or immoral, plus, he'll be at the door, not getting jiggy on the dance floor with a beer, lol
    Anonymous

• As long as he isn't hurting his testimony by condoning and partaking in drunkenness and general bar-related sinfulness and is still reflecting the love of Christ, then it's probably fine. You and he should pray about it.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• heavy sigh, again with the only christians have any sort of morals.
    Anonymous

• OP here........

anon :16... it isn't about MORALS... its about if GOD would be OK with it. i know that most non-christians wouldn't see a problem with it... its a matter of do they think that God would think its ok.
    Anonymous

• I think God would have a bigger problem with him being unable to provide for his family, to be honest. Things happen for a reason, this person offered him a job that will help you guys out. Sometimes God works in ways we don't really expect.

Anonymous

• I liked the first answer. lol. Cute.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I dunno, maybe he is called to prevent people from getting hurt. You know like underage kids trying to get in with a fake ID or not letting a bar fight start. He is not telling people to drink to their hearts content, he is making sure only the legal age people get in AND do his best to make sure no one gets hurt. Sounds noble to me.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't want my husband in that type of environment. Bad company corrupts good morals and the companion of fools suffers harm.
    Anonymous