Is it true that....

I have been told that if the babies heart beat is real fast its a girl but if its a boy its slower! Is this true?
I got to hear my babies heart beat today and it was 120

armywifeproud

Asked by armywifeproud at 9:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Normal heartrate is 120-160, and it makes no difference if the baby is a boy or girl. Heartrate starts out high and slows down the further along you are. I'm having a girl, I'm 38 weeks, and her heartrate started in the 150s and is now usually in the 130's.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• well its one of those old wives tales...Both of my boys had a high heartbeat..so until i found out the sex i thought they were girls...now i am pregnant with a girl and her heatbeat is high too...so, it all depends on the baby i guess
    rosie2guns

Answer by rosie2guns at 9:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i have 1 of each and there heartbeat was the same
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I had twins. One boy one girl. We could never tell from heart rate who was who because they were virtually the same the entire pregnancy.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• well, i dont think that honestly came be for sure. My Son's always was in the 150's Which was on the lower side. So he would play into that belief. But I know women who had girls with low rates
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 9:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm saying BOY for you :) the old wives tale is a spin off of the true theory of "whimpy white boy syndrome" in the world of babies it is a fact that white boys have the worst coping abilities and survival if a stressful even happens--like preterm delivery or illness- this theory has been tested in several studies and the order of 'survival of the fittest' is as follows in ascending order white boys, Hispanic boys, black boys Asian boys-- white girls, Hispanic girls, Asian girls and the winner is black baby girls can tolerate the most stress and still survive and do well
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• can* not came. lol
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 9:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• NOT TRUE
    Anonymous

• nope
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If this baby's wee wee disappears by the time b-day comes, otherwise nope! =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2010