State tax returns vs federal tax returns. (refund)

I filed my taxes last week, and was told the estimated date for the refund was the 19th. I checked my bank account today, and my state taxe refund was already in my account.

My question is, for those of you who have gotten your refunds already, did you get your federal return around the same time as your state return?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I got my state a few days after the federal.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i havent finished filing mine yet, but in the past i have never recieved them at the same time. most of the time they came with in one or two weeks of one another though.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Some state refunds are a lot earlier than the federal.
    I think the date they give you for the federal, though, is the latest date that you will see it deposited, but I could be wrong. Someone once said that the IRS deposits only on Friday's so that is why they may have given you the 19th as the date.
    Hope you get it soon!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I got the fed on the date the irs posted, and the state a few days earlyer

go to irs.gov
    click on where is my refund and it should tell you when your fed will be there
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• We got our state refund today. The tax software said our federal refund would probably be there tomorrow, the IRS website says it will be there by the 16th, so we'll see. In years past, it's usually been within a few days, though it's varied as to which comes first. I would imagine, too, that it varies by state.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• *OP HERE*

To add, I just checked the wheres my refund thing, and it said it would be here no later than the 23rd. But the refund cycle chart said the 19th.... Im so confued

Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Ours says the 23rd, too, but we always have a paper check cut (DH's stupid idea of smart), so we get ours later.
    Hopefully, you will see yours deposited on the 19th.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2010