Divorced moms-do you pack clothes for your child or not?

The reason I am asking is because my child's dad hasn't paid me child support yet he complained I only gave him 4 diapers for the entire weekend. He also sent our child home with a pair of pajamas that I packed and he returned them RIPPED in the crotch. WTH, right?! So I texted him, why are the pajamas ripped in the crotch and he said they are too damn small. They aren't/weren't small! He has anger problems-

Sorry to sidetrack, but do you pack clothes or anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• It sounds like you need to check out my group. Yes I understand I would get that kind of stuff to so I started sending one outfit and old shoes and clothes, in other words, never her best stuff. Mine had anger issues too, it was always some reason to say I was not dressing her properly or was not doing something right. He did not and still does not pay child support either.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If there was any chance my child would not be provided with what she needed by her father I would definitely pack everything she might need and not rely on him to have it. I would not want my child to go without simply because I was being spiteful.
    Anonymous

• My ex husband has NEVER paid child support in 11 years and I ALWAYS make sure that the boys have clothes and current medical cards and EVERYTHING and ANYTHING I think they may neeed because I know he won't provide it. I somtimes wonder why I even let them go see him anymore but until the courts say he's outta the picture I keep doing my part. It's not your kids fault that the other parent can't be grown-up enought to help out and take proper care of them. Its all up to you, the mom to do the right thing......
    itsallgood0100

Answer by itsallgood0100 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• When my son went to visit his BD when he was a baby, I sent him in PJs and that is all. He had a child my son's age and I spent a lot of money on my son's clothes I didn't want him keeping them. Childish, I know but, he didn't pay CS.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• no because i have sent nice things and they have been thrown away simply because my ex knew they were from my current SO...for example, my SO bought my son a very expensive pair of sneakers to match his and my ex simply threw them away because my son liked them better than the ones his dad bought him
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• We have the opposite problem. I don't want the BM sending ANYTHING from her house because she dresses the kids in clothing that's 2 sizes too big (hand me downs from her stepkids) and with age-inappropriate messages (allusions to bad words or violent video games).

The kids get to us on Friday night and cannot wait to get out of their clothes and into their "daddy's house clothes." I wash everything they came in and send them back to her in the same clothing from the skin out. We used to send them home in daddy's house clothes and send her stuff back clean, but in a bag (mostly because we didn't want them to wear those items at all!), but then she and her doofus of a new husband acted like we were out-of-bounds for asking for our items back.

Oh, and we pay almost $900 per month to her in CS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I don't - and it's stated in my custody agreement that each of us will have clothing for the children at our houses. The weekends the kids go to his apartment, he returns them to me on Sunday in the clothes they had on Friday. He still is supposed to pay child support in the amount of $600/month, but he doesn't.

Answer by missanc at 7:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We have clothes here for my stepdaughter when she comes over. I just wish she'd get out of her pajamas and wear them once in a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2010