does breastfeeding make your sex drive disappear?

sunshine31

Asked by sunshine31 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not for me and my hunny, but we had to kinda keep the hands off the boobs cause if not I'd squirt! lol haha
    Anonymous

• not for me....
    Anonymous

• I've been breastfeeding for five years and I haven't had sex in five years. I doesn't matter to me. Sex is for making babies and I don't want anymore.
    Anonymous

• naw having a baby does that honey, lol.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• No, having children does.
    Anonymous

• I think so!! At least it has for me....
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• BABIES do it...your libido says "mission accomplished" till it thinks it's time to reproduce again. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 11:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Nope.

Being exhausted does a pretty good number on it, though. Being better at managing energy (and actually believing that sex is for you, your mental and physical health and so you will feel good physically) are all effective ways of staying interested...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• it didn't for me. I actually craved the orgasms during sex because my boobs would tingle more!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Absolutely NOT. My husband and I have sex daily. I breastfed my daughter for 2 year and had sex everyday after my 6 weeks was up. My son is now 7 months old and we are still having sex daily.

I honestly don't see any reason for breastfeeding to get in the way of sex. Some people say that kids get in the way but that's why you have to make time for each other.

Breastfeeding has NEVER affected our sex life in a negative way. If anything my DH was even more turned on by my HUGE boobs once my milk came in! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2010