Solids at 4 months

To the moms who introduced solids at 4 months:
My DDs pedi gave me the ok to start solids so I gave her the first try of rice cereal and she took it and seemed to enjoy it. I'm glad after weeks of her trying to steal my food out of my hand and getting mad when she can't have it!

Should I stick to cereal or is there other suggestions on foods to introduce next after cereal is down-packed?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Only the cereal at this time. You shouldnt start other solids untill your DD is 6 months.
    Anonymous

• they have jarred food(it will say stage one it is made for 4months )i use it its safe
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i would stick with cereal til 6 months..then move on to other jarred food
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I started DD on jarred foods a few weeks after we started cereal. Just be careful and only try one new food a week. That way if your daughter has any kind of reaction, you know exactly what food caused it
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• www.wholesomebabyfood.com Make your own baby food. Once you've introduced Rice, Oatmeal, Barley, I'd suggest avocado next. It is super mild on baby's tummy and is easy to make...you don't even have to steam it...just puree and serve.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I usually only did cereal for a week or so and then made it half and half with jar food. I would stick with the same veggie for 3 or 4 days and then move on to another one. After I went through all the veggies twice I then introduced the fruits and did it the same way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I personally would do cereal. It has to much constipating iron and tastes horrid. food before 1 is just for fun. She wants to play and explore not eat for nutrition. Jar food is overpriced and you are paying for half water and you spend more time scraping food off the face. . I'd skip right to table foods. it is beat to wait until the baby can sit unassisted and has lost the tongue thrust reflex. Cheaper and less hassle.  http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• basically listen to your ped, and read the labels, the important thing to remember is one new food at a time, like every 4-5 days, so you can watch for allergic reactions. Liam has been eating every solid under the sun since 4 months nd he is a very healthy baby. some believe its just for fun before one, and others still think you are harming your baby by introducing solids before a certain age...so what feels right for YOUR baby. formula and breastmilk are still going to be her MAIN source but imo, and from what I have seen and heard inmy moms group, babies WANT something more solid than that. so yes its the nukber one building block, but if she is hungry, let her try new things. google a food allergy for babies list to be safe and not give her those things, then mama, trust YOU. YOU are the expert on oyur baby. and have fun lol spagetti is a free for all I tell ya lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2010