Did you feel the Chicago earthquake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No because I live in the SW part of the country.
    Anonymous

• Yes...my husband and I were up fixing a cake and he thought it was our noisy neighbors, lol! I have felt earthquakes when I live in southern illinois area but this is a first! I did not know there was a fault line here...now I do!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I did. I'm in Chicago and it woke me up yesterday morning. My whole house shook really hard for a few seconds. I thought I had imagined it or dreamed it, lol, until I got up and saw the news.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Wow, I hadn't heard about an earthquake. How bad was it? Is everyone okay?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• no (pa) but I freaked when I found out cause my Dad lives in Elgin. Luckily ppl are making it more that it was and everyones ok. Theres even facebook groups for it already started same day. If you see them don't be fooled this Patrick guy my dad knows is posting fake pics on them to scared ppl. It wasn' that bad.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I'm in the Chicago area...all it did was rattle houses. From what I read, it registered a 3.8 and it orginated like 3 miles underground. I was halfasleep when it happened so I thought I was dreaming and though someone hit our apartment buliding...lol.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Yea, all it did was rattle houses. I live about 2 hrs south of there but didn't feel anything. Of course if a super heavy freight train goes through our town, it rattles the house!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2010