ok so we have been trying to conceive for about 7 yrs for our 2nd child with no luck, i am about 40-45lbs overweight, anyways now i am starting to notice that i am usually in a bad mood so I am thinking it might me my hormones , has anyone had this symptom of always beeing moody?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• With all due respect, I have heard that if you are overweight, it is harder to get pregnant. Not sure if it's true.
    Anonymous

• Folks always feel like I got a attitude...even when I don't. Also, I got pregnant after I lost a lot of weight. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• If you have been trying for that long, you are way overdue for a fertility specialist. We waited 4 years, and that was too long. It's possible your hormones could affect your moodiness, but you also could be clinically depressed.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 11:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If you mean 'moody' as in 'murderous rage' then, yes, your hormones are probably off kilter. If you have any of the other symptoms of PCOS, it's a good bet. Those symptoms include: thickening of the waist, weight gain, darkening and thickening of facial and body hair, breakouts particularly along the jawline...

Another issue is sperm count: if you're not ...busy... every 2 days or so, your partner may simply not be making enough of the wiggly guys to get the job done. Make sure he's wearing loose, breathable pants, particularly underneath --body temperature is too hot for them to thrive. Boxers and baggy pants, cooler baths and avoiding the hot tub/sauna are all recommended for that problem...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I am extremely moody, for now I can blame it on pregnancy hormones, but between my first born and trying to concieve #2, I was diagnosed with bi-polar. Now I am not saying you have something as crazy as bi-polar, but for me my moods were all over the place. After trying many different medication combinations they finally got my straightend out, for that I am grateful! Now that I am pregnant again, I am no longer am taking my meds, but as it gets closer to the end of my pregnancy, I will be put back on my meds, so that I don't have to suffer through post-partum again!
    kittypurr

Answer by kittypurr at 11:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I have my hormones checked once a year.. Its very easy, just blood work thats all. Try that and then you would know for sure.
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 8:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No. But if you want another child why not lose the weight??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2010