when did you start potty training your little one?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 11:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• at 1.5 i started..and suprisingly she caught on within a week..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I tried to potty train my son at a little over 2 years old.maybe 2 1/2. He was not ready. I would have to sit him on teh potty myself and would just continue having accidents. We moved overseas before he turned 3 and then when we got settled I started to potty train him again. It must have clicked this time...it took me one day and then he went to the potty himself. That is how I knew he was ready. No accidents since then. It literally took me like one day to accomplish the whole potty training.
    natalie0318

Answer by natalie0318 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• At about 21mo, she showed tremendous interest for about a week. Then she never mentioned it again until she was 27mo she wanted to wear big girl panties and never once had an accident, or even any really urgent moments.

I sometimes think she was waiting until she could do it perfectly. That's so her...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Van turned two in december and we're potty training now. He's got the idea and we'd be fully potty trained if I hadn't been dead sick the last two weeks. I imagine we'll be fully diaper free in a week. :)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• with my son i started when he was taking off his diaper and bringing me a clean one, but he would never go as much as i pushed he just wouldnt do it.. my mom told me not to pus him leave him alone and he will tell you when hes ready i thought she was nuts!!! it wasnt till he was 3 and in the hospital getting ready to have surgery with his iv in him he said mom i have to go pee pee.. of all times this was the day he tells me he had to go.. lol and ever sine then it was no big deal.. my daughter i didnt push her, i didnt try, she came to me and told me she had to go potty.. she was 19 months
    mom21boy1girl

Answer by mom21boy1girl at 2:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I started this past Sunday. She is 18 months old.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I waited until there were clear indications he was ready, which was around 2.5. He was day trained in a few weeks. He was fully night trained by the time he was three.

My younger son is 18 months and nowhere near ready to start. He doesn't seem to have any concept of it.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2010