help please!

Ok so here is what's going on. My almost 15 month old son has been pulling at his diapers when he is doing his business and after untill he is changed. He's Been doing it for little over a week.my boyfriend his daddy think he is ready to start potty training. He showes me lots of signes like bringing me diapers and stuff when he is ready and he doesn't like to be in a wet diaper at all. So what iam asking for is is he to young to start? I don't want him to feel rushed and have a bad experience. I want him to take his time and tp do it when he is ready.what kind of potty seat would be good for him.thank you so much any any advice will help so much. Oh and my boyfriend is getting a seat tomorrow so I need all thro advice I can get before so I can make sure If we need to get one yet or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is almost 14 months and doing the same thing... so im not sure i just asked a question about potty training also so im curious to see what the other moms say
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 11:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• What I did with my oldest son was when he started ripping his diaper off, I would just casually throw him on the toliet and get all excited about it, if he went potty BONUS, but I didn't expect anything really. Right now, I think the best bet is just to get them used to the idea, and then when they get a little bit older make it more of a habit and then more and more....BTW my son was 22 months old when he was potty trained...I am hoping his little brother (who is 17 months old now) is just as easy to potty train!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Buy a potty and let him use it if he seems to be interested. Don't push it, or suggest it, or remind him... just leave it there. If he's interested and ready, he'll figure it out quickly, if he isn't he won't really notice it. Ignore the advice that suggests bribes and praise.

It is common, just so you know, for people to explore something for a while making strides at it only to drop it completely as if they'd never been anywhere near the idea. Later (sometimes a few weeks, sometimes a few months) they pick it up again like masters as if they'd been practicing the whole time in between. Lots of kids do this about reading, potty training, sometimes even walking and talking... they struggle and try and work hard at it and then just seem to have absolutely no interest. The period in between is when they're assimilating what they've learned and building the brain structures necessary to be good at it once and for all.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I guess you sure could try it... it wouldn't hurt, just ease into it and show him the potty how to use it, offer to bring him there. We thought the same thing with our son and bought the potty and the toilet seat potty around the same age, well once we showed him and introduced it, he stopped caring..lol! he still likes to be changed but he just wasnt' ready, then again, my niece was trained at 18 months so really, if you plan to try and not push, it won't hurt. my son is 28 months and still in a diaper and just last weekend tried another weekend of full force underpants and rewards and he STILL isn't ready.. and started crying when I asked him if he wanted to go potty.. I still get tossed up advice but we decided to try again ina couple months.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2010