Cold sore question

I know cold sores are very contagious and I'm very careful about not spreading them (no kissing, no sharing drinks/food/utensils, washing my hands very often, as well as using Denavir--prescription) The yellow part of the coldsore is gone, now I'm left with the red spot that will look like normal tomorrow. Once it is gone am I not contagious or should I still be cautious for a few days?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 11:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Health

• Herpes viruses (oral and genital) can shed at any time. You may have the virus on your skin even if you do not have a cold sore.

L-Lysine supplements can suppress the virus and prevent blisters from forming. Take 1000 mg daily. They are available at the drug store int he vitamins section. Lysine is an amino acid that is found in foods we eat and is made in the body. It has no contraindications.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2010