Doyou feel anything when your water breaks?

I have two other kids, but i had my epidural and was numb. And the doctor broke mine. Im going to stay home as long as i can. Do you feel anything before your water breaks? does it feel like you have to pee? Or does it just come one big gush?

roniduke58

Asked by roniduke58 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I felt an acutal POP like a ballon popping. I hear it, too.
    Anonymous

• When mine broke it was a quick gush and me saying "eww".
    Anonymous

• With my first, I felt a lot of pressure being built up, and it kept building and building. Then I felt this pop and water started gushing out and the pressure stopped.
    With my second, I had already had an epidural, but I felt a pop and we all heard it. I could feel water coming out and I thought it was pee. I tried stopping it but couldn't.
    Both times I could feel it in my cervix, which is a weird feelnig. There's none other like it.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 11:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I was asleep when my water broke. It felt like I had peed my pants. I felt a gush of fluid, which woke me up.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• It can feel like a pop, or not. It can be a huge gush or a teensie trickle.
    I had it break once, where I didn't feel/hear anything, but then was "unable to control my pee."
    Another time, it broke as baby was coming out of me, there was a pop that time.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:12 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I was being induced at the hospital (using pitocin with no meds at the time). I leaned over trying to sit up when I felt like a small water balloon popped in my vagina (or like a condom breaking if you've ever had that happen). Then I sat up the rest of the way & felt a squishy gush underneath me. When I stood up it poured out. There was no warning beforehand either, it just happened.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Wet....you feel wet :)
    Lucie1979

Answer by Lucie1979 at 6:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• The first time I was already in labour and the dr broke my water. It was really just a slow trickle that time.
    The second time I refused to let the dr break my water and it broke on it's own when I was fully dilated. That time it came out in one huge gush. I didn't hear a pop, just a splash on the floor since I was standing at the time. I didn't have any feeling leading up to it that indicated it was going to happen. When it broke I actually thought I had lost control of my bowels and was so convinced of it that it took multiple people reassuring me otherwise.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• my water broke at work and I didnt feel anything physical or hear anything, just extreme wetness and then the gushing and the feel of wet pants.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Everyone I know (who has kids) says that the only time you get the gush is if you're laying down when it breaks...yeah, not so much.

When my water broke, I had JUST gotten done going to the bathroom. I set one foot out of the bathroom door and felt a big gush. I had to go back and make sure I hadn't peed all over myself lol.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 7:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2010