I want to get my 6-pack back

I have 3 kids, youngest is 16 months. They aren't close in age and I was in great shape prior to my last one. However, he was a big baby, for me. He was almost 9 lbs. I'm 31, 5'5" and then I was about 107. I'm about 117-120 now and I like it. However, my son has left my abs very flabby. I work out 3 days a week, 30 mins in a class that does toning and core. I've noticed they are going down but I still hate them. I've never had a gut. I'm wondering too, if having a tubal after his birth might be the reason for them not recovering as fast as with the other two. Any tips to sculpt them back up before summer?
Also, my diet it just right. I do watch what I eat and portion control. I'm doing it to help my hubby lose weight.

BTW: I was 107 before I got pregnant with him. I gained 50 lbs with him. Sorry for any confusion there

TheresaCook

Asked by TheresaCook at 11:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Just keep it up, and add alot of cardio and no offence but your progress is going to be rather slow with only going 3 times a wk. If you only wanna do classes 3 times thats fine but cardio must be done till you get to your goal 5 times a wk at least 40-60 min pouring sweating it out. where you feel you're exhausted but oh so good!
    Anonymous

• My advice would be to keep it up and remember that in your 30's things dont bounce back as fast. I hate it but it is the truth. In my 20's i could easily tone up quickly and look good, now I have to work and work and work like crazy. I am only 33 but holy cow it is much more work than it used to be to get back in shape.

Right now i work out 5 days a week roughly 2 hours per day if i can squeeze it in and some days it is broken up and i do an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. I combine cardio 5 days per week & strength training 2-3 days depending on my schedule. Plus I also spend a minimum of 30 minutes on the treadmill 5 days per week. I found that water areobics has help my mid section improve faster (3 days per week), you have to really use those mucsles in the water and the nice part is you dont realize your doing it and no sweat invovled lol, i also do Zumba (2-3 days per week) its a good calorie burn :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Unfortunately for us women that is one of the last places that we lose body fat. You can't spot reduce it with crunches and ab work. Core workouts will tone the abs, but it won't get rid of the fat on top of it.You have to just work on reducing your total body fat. You said your diet is good, so you need to be doing strength training (that means weights, resistance bands etc.) 3 times a week and a good cardio workout in between. Give it time you can do it :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 10:06 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I'm doing the core and weights (LOVE FREE WEIGHTS). I do need to up my cardio. I can't wait till the weather gets better so I can get out and do that. Right now, with my hubby's work schedule, I'm limited on how often I can go. However, I need to take advantage of the FitTV on Demand on our cable. It's like a library of workout videos whenever you want them.
    TheresaCook

Answer by TheresaCook at 10:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2010