Would you put an area rug over carpeting or would that look tacky?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• David Bromstad from ColorSplash designs the most beautiful rooms and he puts an area rug over carpeting all the time. It adds a statement and protects permanently installed carpeting at the same time.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• We have area rugs that go near the couches and chairs-- protects the carpet in the highest traffic areas. We have stupid cream colored carpet all over. The rugs are a necessity and they look nice.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• depends on the room, the carpet etc
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We have really really plain carpet (flat beige berber) and so I love having rugs to add a little spice to the room. Also, its nice if I want to change the color palette to just worry about buying new rugs instead of new carpet!
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 12:13 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• OP here, thanks girls. I was a bit apprehensive, but you gals talked me in to it. dh will be happy. thanks a bunch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I think it looks super tacky. Personally.
    The only time I would even suggest it, would be if the carpet was super tightly woven and short. Not any of that loose loop carpet or shag. I still, even with short woven, think that it looks tacky.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2010