What is your favorite way to cook potatoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• So many options! I think my very favorite is slicing up red skin potatoes and sweet onions and cooking them on the grill (in foil) with a little butter and salt and pepper. I normally add Parmesan cheese. I cook squash the same way.

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i love love love to peel them, cut them in half or quarters depending on thier size. boil them till cooked. take out and dry slightly. meanwhile they are boiled get a pan with oil heating up. once the taters are boiled and dried fry them up a bit in the oil. OMG
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I like LOTS of ways: mashed, chopped up and fried in a little olive oil (with salt and pepper), whole red potatoes with just a little olive oil and dry ranch seasoning, whole baked, and homemade potato soup! I am personally a big fan of potatoes!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Loaded mashed is definitely my favorite. Mash those taters with sour cream, butter, garlic, italian dressing, cheese cheese cheese, bacon bits, and top with some french's onions. Whooo i'm making myself hungry!
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 12:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Shredded hashbrowns with cajun spice!

Sometimes I make hash browns like you make huevos rancheros-- topped with black beans an d ranchero sauce and scrambled eggs and CHEESE and sour cream and green onions and olives.... soooooo goooood
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:15 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I do Love Real Mashed Potatoes. Just with milk and butter. Although Garlic Potatoes are great!
    Also when Red Potatoes are cooked in the same juices as the pot roast.

However, my favorite, favorite way to cook them is Seasoned.
    Cut Idaho Potatoes into bite size pieces. (Wash, but not peeled) Add a little oil to a pan and let it come to a medium heat. Add potatoes .. Season to taste. I Heat the pan with Garlic. I use preminced, but you can use Fresh. Then add Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, and Meat Seasoning. Then I fry them up in a pan until crispy and browned. They're delicious.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I love them in baked potato soup! It is my family's fav!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• true baked potatoes. wash a tatar, stab it w/ a fork all over, roll in olive oil, sprinkle with salt, throw it in a 350* oven for an hour. then i break it open & top w/ sour cream & butter...perfection!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:36 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• hash browns.
    i wash them and toss them in the food processor to cut them up. then i fry them in oil. ....i love breakfast.
    or baked potatoes but i don't roll mine in oil, i roll it in butter.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Cut into bite sized pieces (peeled or not). Put into a baking dish with LOTS of real butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and onion (if you like it - I love onion but nobody else in my family will eat it). Bake covered until the potatoes are cooked. Mash with a fork on your plate and spoon the melted butter over the top.
    dolphincjc

Answer by dolphincjc at 2:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2010