I'm so excited!

I'm getting a great dane puppy on Saturday! I've always wanted one!!! She's black and white and she's already soooooo big! I don't have any pictures of her but she is adorable!
And no, I am not getting her from a breeder, my dad's friend's dog accidently got preggo. I also have a german shepherd and a boxer/rednose pitt that I rescued. Big dogs are so much fun!

ericalyne

Asked by ericalyne at 12:07 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pets

• That's exciting! I just got a sheltie puppy a week ago and I'm loving her. I did get mine from a breeder and I have no problem with that. I'm ok with paying good money for a well-bred dog. Our golden is an SPCA rescue and she's... difficult.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• That's how my lab/dane mix got to me-- family friend's dog was supposed to be resting for that breeding cycle and the 6 year old thought she wanted to go out and play!

We did have the puppy issue of curious noses that were kitchen counter top level. Then he sniffed the kettle. Then there was much whining. Then ice. Curious noses stay out of the kitchen now.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Oh those dogs are the best!! congrats
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• If I had lots of land I would definately get big dogs. A girl I used to go to church with brought in her Great Dane for "Pet Day", and seriously that thing was bigger then I was. (I was about 14-15)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• She's supposed to be the runt of the litter, but she's still huge for a puppy! The funny thing is, is that I'm just barely pushing 5ft so she's going to be towering over me! My son is going to think it's a horse. My parent's neighbors have one and he always says "neigh ,neigh" at the dog. lol. Now he'll have his own "pony"
    ericalyne

Answer by ericalyne at 12:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I have a soon to be year old dane. Luckily mine takes after her mom who was only 90 pounds. Love big dogs too.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i like big dogs better and props for not using a breeder!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2010