what does it mean when you children are vomitting all night, with no diarrhea?

first it was my 2yr old, now its my 3yr old. their asleep right now, but everynow and then, they wake up to vomit. thats it, no fever or diarrhea. whats up with that??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• could be a cold, folks including kids dont always have temps with vomiting with a cold or a stomach bug. just make sure they gets LOTS of liguids. and maybe call the Dr in the monning if they are still tossing
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:08 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Sounds like food poisening. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• could be a cold/illness, or food poisoning. I would check them in the morning and if they are still sick call the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I don't know either- my son woke me up at 3:30 this morning with the same thing- he has now been puking off and on for about 3 or 4 hours and no fever at all and with no diarrhea. I thought food poisoning, but since none of the rest of us are sick...I dunno : (
    hopefully they all feel better soon
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Stomach bug! My older one throws up with no fever or anything like that when he gets a stomach bug. The rest of us get the full on stomach flu with fever and everything else- he usually just throws up. If it lasts for more than 24 hours or if he becomes really dehydrated- call the doctor (or call them now if you are concerned) The BRAT diet works well for us: Bananas, rice, apple sauce or toast when their stomachs are upset.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• That they are sick, and you should probably try calling your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Might be a stomach bug. My kids were doing that about a month ago. They were just throwing up and nothing else. No fevers, no diarrhea. It lasted about a day and then they were back to normal. Just make sure they are hydrated and give them light foods to eat like toast or crackers. If if keeps up, call your doctor. Good luck and I hope they feel better soon!
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• what does it mean when you children are vomitting all night, with no diarrhea?

It means you are lucky you are only having to deal with one end. :0)
    No fever can be pretty typical with some bugs and it may be no diarrhea for now. The vomiting may stop and diarrhea take over. Yucky stuff! Hope yous babies feel better soon!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• This happened to my five year old one night. She started throwing up at 11pm and every 15-30 minutes until 3am. No fever or anything else. The next day she felt fine but was tired. It was the strangest thing....
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2010