Potty Training 2 yr old son NEED HELP?

I am starting to potty train my 2 yr old son and he goes every once in a while but im am not sure how to teach him to tell me when he has to go and how to make it more consistant? Where do I start with this? PLEASE HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• are you teaching him to sit or stand? we started with sitting first and then standing. i assume your son has potty ready signals IE dry diapers longer, interest in staying dry and in the potty etc?

with alex we simply took him inthe bathroom and sat him down if we saw him doing the potty wiggle LOL but it took a long time with my son cause he is special needs.

If you are teaching him standing, try tossing some cheerios in the bowl and telling him to aim. boys love that
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• take his diaper off and let him wear underwear. after a day, he will understand. It worked on my son, and I was a single mother with 4 kids, I also gave him "potty" cookies and "poopy" cookies....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Take the diapers away completely - except at night. It's the only way. Take him every 1/2 hour or so the first day to minimize accidents. Give him m&ms when he goes. The second day take him every hour. By the third day he'll know when he has to go. Wait until you have 3 days you can spend at home and dedicate solely to this.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Has he shown any signs of wanting to be trained? Does he take wet diapers off? Many boys are not developmentally ready to train until 3. I would google this topic, there are many helpful hints.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2010