How long can a Chemical Pregnancy give positive results?

I GOT MY BFP! But im nervous becaus e3 months ago I had a chemical pregnancy. Going in tomorrow and Doc will PROB do an U/S because of last time but im nervous to get my hopes up.

Gotten pos results for 2 1/2 days now. How long can a chemical pregnancy last? *IF am truly pregnant *PLEASE* then I would be 7 weeks along* but i have zero pregnancy symptoms.....
IS IT POSSIBLE????

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 6:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got them for about 5 days.
    morethanme_you

Answer by morethanme_you at 10:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• it IS possible. I dont think you would still be testing positive 3 months after a chemical pregnancy hon!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I mean, i had one 3 months ago, and after that i got bfns now im getting BFPS and im 10 days late for AF!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 7:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Then you're PG just in denial!!! GL
    joni80

Answer by joni80 at 7:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I hope i am! LOL i just cant believe it!!!!! :D
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 7:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i say congrats!! and good luck!! =)
    mommieof4girlz

Answer by mommieof4girlz at 8:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Do you know what Chemical Pregnancy is? A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. Most chemical pregnancies are due to chromosomal problems in the developing fetus. Other possible causes are inadequate uterine lining, uterine abnormalities both congenital or acquired like fibroids, low hormone levels, luteal phase defect or certain infections. Just thought I would throw that in there. Sounds like you did'nt know what it meant. So to answer your question, once you Miscarriage and you take a Pregnancy test it will not show positive, it will be Negative due to the pregnancy being terminated / miscarried. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Anon :26 is mostly correct, but it can take a while for the pregnancy hormone to go away. A miscarriage can take weeks to complete; it's not always an event confined to a short period of time. When I had a chemical pregnancy (confirmed at 5 weeks) I continued testing every few days to see when my hCG would return to zero. It took mine 5 1/2 weeks after my levels started dropping to go back to zero,and I bled off and on throughout that time. My doctor explained that if not everything was expelled you could still have the hormones for a while, but she expected everything to be gone withing 6 to 8 weeks. If it had not been zero by 8 weeks I needed to go back in. I did get pregnant about 2 months after my chemical pregnancy, and the pregnancy was successful.

I think it is unlikely you would still be getting a positive hpt from a chemical pregnancy 3 months earlier, but I do understand your concern. I wish you the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I did not see that you tested negative after your chemical pregnancy and then got positives recently. That would not be caused by lingering issues from the chemical pregnany. You are definitely pregnant. GL! I wish you the best!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i think your in the clear!

it depends on how long it takes for your body to flush it out, for lack of a better term. i had a chemical pregnancy in october and was pregnant again in a matter of weeks, and have had a VERY healthy normal pregnancy, and i am now almost 18 weeks!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2010