should I loan him the money?

I have a friend who will lose his house if He doesn't make a huge payment.He owes 2 payments actually. 800 dollars to be exact.I am getting back a rather large refund. I told him I would think about it .My husband says absolutely not. I don't want my friend to lose his house.If he does, he has no choice but to move out of town and quit his job in town here of which he makes so much money at. I hate to see anyone lose everything.He got a bad deal from some friends who lived in with him.They charged his credit card up to the max and left him so far behind that he has to pay a lawyer to file bankruptcy.I know my family has needs too.What should I do?
This is a very tough decision for me.He is such a good friend and good guy.His family would not help him.Those so called friends who lived in with him left in such a hurry that they didn't even pack everything to take with them.They claim they had to leave Ohio to go to Kentucky .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope! That is alot of money, there is no guarantee the money would be paid back, and husband is against it. I would put my husbands wishes and my family first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• There has to be a reason his fam wouldnt help, and if he looses his house he can get an apt doesnt have to move out of town and leave his job - but if he makes so much money he shouldnt be behind
    something about this doesnt sound right
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I know he is a good friend which is why i am gonna advise you to NOT do it unless you dont plan on getting the money back. a load that he might not be able to repay for a while could curdle the frinedship. money between friends is never good!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I"m thinking the same exact way as you are.The young couple who lived in with them was not married.She is 32 and he is 29.She is pregnant and wants the baby.She claims she couldn't see a doctor here in Ohio.She claims she can only get her medical card and all the benefits from it in Kentucky.Her boyfriend is on disability.For what I do not know.He seems healthy enough to me. I mean hes not crippled.He walks to the store to but his pop and he eats fine.He sits and plays x box all the time.Its all he can do.He ,in my opinion,can not possibly be a good Daddy.He isn't grown up himself. She is bipolar.I know this is way too much info. but its a background.I think they moved in with my friend,promised him theyd cook and clean for him and with her BF check help him pay some bills. They lied and was just using him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• If you ever want that money back, then don't give it to him. If he makes such good money at his job than he shoule be able to pay back the money.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 7:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• his family is actually,his step brothers and sisters.They never come to see him..except one brother. He told my friend i should come over and clean for him.He is going blind and will prob have to go on disability soon.He has glaucoma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I agree with Sati, it shouldn't be a loan. If you give him the money, GIVE it to him and don't expect to be payed back. Plus your husband needs to be in agreement with you. Better to keep your marriage in tact than your friendship with another guy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• he also tells me he will have to live with a woman 50 miles away if he loses everything.He doesn't want to live with her or lose his house.I have a 13 yr old and i need to think of him first -i believe this strongly. i think he should get an apartment and get rid of his puppy and just deal with it.if i dont loan him or give him the money, do you think we will remain friends?
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 7:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Think of your family first. He/the friend got himself into this mess, hecan get himself out.

Answer by louise2 at 7:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Your husband said absolutely not. That settles it for me. What's more important to you--the comfort of your friend or the stability of your marriage? Seems to me the answer is very simple. Just say "no" to your friend.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2010