What is an appropriate V-Day gift for a new guy friend?

Don't want to come on too strong. Haven't had alot of dating experience. My friend is nice, we get along well, has been supportive of me with my parenting issues. We have been friends since around Halloween. Want to get him something that shows him I care and enjoy being his friend, but yet a subtle message letting him know "I Like YOU." Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe a nice card that says how you enjoy having him in your life. i wouldnt get him anything silly because if you want to have a serious relationship with this guy down the road and you get him something that says "best friends" or something then that tells him thats all you see him as. I would be more serious when it comes to choosing a gift
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You can probably pick out a card that expresses just what you want to say- nothing too gushy yet it can be "fond" or "warm but not "hot". :) If you want to get him a gift, then something neutral such as some candy that he likes, or a book that he might like, or a CD.

Answer by Bmat at 7:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Get him a movie that he wants with a small cheap box of chocolates like the kind they have for the kids.
    MOTHERBEAR6

Answer by MOTHERBEAR6 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I don't think I'd get him a gift. I agree with the card idea though

Answer by admckenzie at 10:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2010