looking for a nanny

hi,
I am expectng my 2nd child in June, and im looking for a helping hand in my household, like a nanny.
I live in Middletown, NJ, and I would def. need some help come June!
Any reccomendation as to where to look?
Thanks,
Nay

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Do you have a local college or university? They usually have websites where you can post a job for students - and they usually have fairly flexible schedules, you could get two that could work opposite shifts to cover whatever hours you wanted. Plus, sometimes they aren't as expensive as an agency or "professional" nanny.

Answer by missanc at 8:08 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Sometimes you can contact the Red Cross for certified, backround checked referrals. Good luck and FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS when interviewing!!
    Burton4

Answer by Burton4 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You could contact a few daycare businesses and ask where they get their day care teachers or if they know of anybody who is interested in being a nanny. Other than that I would suggest looking at a local college/university, or taking an ad out in the newspaper for a professional nanny. Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Well you can try CL, but some people are really uncomfortable with that. Try Care.com. You can run background checks on people and see their experience etc. It's a really good website for caregiving of all sorts.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 9:06 AM on Feb. 11, 2010