how do i congratulate her when i am so upset?

my mom texted me last night and said that my sis is going to be having another baby. We have been trying since the summer. I know my sis is probably waiting for me to call to tell her congrats. How do i do that when i am really so angry and jealous. I know i should be happy but i feel like it should be me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Aw, Baby Dust to you.

Take some time to be upset, take a deep breath, set your teeth and tell her Congrats. If she's really your friend (or sister, or whatever) she'll know what you are going through and the pain you are feeling. You can't help to be jealous. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise -- it's a natural emotion. The question is how you handle those feelings.
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• So tell her that. Tell her, look, I am happy for you, but it really hurts that I have been trying to get pregnant and it's so easy for you...I'm sure she'll be supportive and maybe even make you feel better. And good luck, I hope you get pregnant soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Your selfish and inconsiderate! Time to stop thinking about yourself, doing a little pitty party and call your sister. Your time will come, but in the mean time it does'nt mean you have the right to be upset or pissed at someone else for getting pregnant. This is your sister! WOW!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• take a little time to be selfish and be in pain. but then dust it off and be happy for her.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• anon18 so speaks someone who has probably not had a single issues having children. that was uncalled for. this IS a very painful thing for siblings
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• there are actually different characters. I used my "mom" and "sister" because i don't want the real people to know who i am talking about. Its not my sister though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• op)she gets on here every night
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Your demeanor might be keeping you from getting pregnant, for goodness sake this is your flesh and blood, why not rejoice and be happy for her instead of thinking about yourself. I can totally understand feeling that way for a split second but to keep you from calling her?

Answer by older at 8:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Ok, so this is not your sister, but that green eye monster is keeping you from realizing your dream, karma??

Answer by older at 8:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Holy crap Anon :18 You're the jerk!

OP, you are happy for her though right? Try to focus on that rather than your disappointment. Your time will come. Good luck to you and I'll be thinking baby dust thoughts for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2010