spotting in early pregnancy?

Okay, so I am freaking out this morning!! I am only about 6 weeks pregnant. I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was a brown discharge, I would call it spotting since I have never seen CM that is brown. Anyone had this? This is my second child but I know I didnt have this with my daughter. I have no cramping. Its not red. So I am assuming its not horrible, but I can not help but think the worst since I had a miscarriage in the past. I am going to call my doctor as soon as they open today. Im just looking for any advice or anything to set my mind (hopefully) at ease. Thank you all in advance!

Amanduhpanda

Asked by Amanduhpanda at 8:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• some women develop pockets of blood (blood sacs) in early pregnancy. These are either expelled (usually brown blood that spots, can seem fairly heavy or very light) or absorbed by the body. I had one with this pregnancy (currently 37 weeks) and the docs saw it on u/s and told me not to be surprised if I had some spotting or blood flow, to come in and get checked out just in case, but that the chances of bleeding were greater because of that blood sac. I got lucky and never did bleed.. my body absorbed it.. but that could be a cause. I'd call and tell your doc, they will probably want you to come in to double check that everything is ok.. but I wouldn't worry too much.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Brown means old blood.. If it was bright red and a lot I would be worried.... well I would be worried either way so glad to hear you are calling the doctor! but I wouldn't freak out until you hear from the doc! gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I had the same thing and everything is fine. I have bled for a month straight but the baby is ok. My Dr doesn't seem too concerned and neither am I its just annoying. It could be from you and your husband having sex a day or two ago and its just your cervix being sensitive and its just now making its way out. Or it could be from implantation and it just now making its way out. I wouldn't be concerned in the least. When its red is when I would worry. Good luck honey!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2010