How many of you exchange Valentines gifts with hubby?

I have been married 38 years and I think we did exchange gifts the first couples of years, then realized that it is just another commercialized holiday so we ended up stopping the exchange and working on an everyday Valentine theme, what about you?

Asked by older at 8:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • We dont....we dont believe that you have to have a certain to show you love someone. We do things randomly for eachother throughout the year. It means more that way.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• we dont.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We do. He gives me a rose, I give him a heart balloon. It is mainly just a sweet commemoration of our love.

Answer by Bmat at 8:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Hubby's not usually home, he was last year, but it was very last minute. We watched a movie and I made some strawberries dipped in chocolate. He's about 1100 miles away from home right now so I don't see him making it home for this one.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Nope! When we dated and were 1st married we would buy each other little gifts and go out somewhere nice to eat....... That was 20 yrs ago.... Now a days it is just another day... (hubby is SOOOO unromantic!!!!!) Sometimes we go out to eat with the kids- but that is about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i bought him some stuff and told him so he would remember to get me something. He wont get me anything unless i remind him. We both forget out anniversary every year. It's a little harder to forget valentine's day.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Mama, I totally agree with you, we are the same way!

Answer by older at 9:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No we don't. sometimes he might surprise me with a card but nothing major. My b-day is the 4th, so we ususally celebrate that instead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We don't. We're going to a Valentine's banquet tomorrow night at our church. That's our gift to each other. We'd rather have time together than candy or flowers, so we're looking forward to dressing up and having a nice dinner and nice evening together while the kids spend the night with Grandma and Pap pap.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Yup we've been married 3 years and together for 4.. we always exchange gifts.

memory_adrift

Answer by memory_adrift at 9:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2010